The Tow Foundation Seeks a Grants & Salesforce AdministratorJun 12, 2020
This role supports and improves the Foundation’s operations through the management of: 1) Grant milestones and deliverables; 2) Compliance with regulatory and legal requirements; and 3) Documentation of operational procedures. Responsibilities focus on effectively managing the Foundation’s grant lifecycle, enhancing efficiencies of data and workflow systems, and preservation of grant archives.
This is a dynamic position within an entrepreneurial organization that requires a talent for innovative and collaborative problem-solving, continuous learning and improvement, and a commitment to the ongoing quality enhancement of data systems and processes.
- Primary project manager for grantmaking operations, in collaboration with program, finance, and executive teams
- Administrator for the Foundation’s information systems, including but not limited to Salesforce.com, SharePoint, reporting tools and digital asset management systems
- Manage the processing of grant requests, reports, and payments in compliance with IRS regulations, corporate, and private foundation requirements
- Manage security and compliance controls across systems in line with governance, legal, auditing, and nonprofit requirements
- Design, develop and configure database models to capture, analyze, disseminate, and retain grant data
- Train and empower staff to generate reports, keep data current and accurate across all systems and preserve data integrity
- Manage the implementation of upgrades and testing of various cloud-based systems and ensure ongoing maintenance
- Oversee the production of materials for the Board of Directors
- Manage documentation of grantmaking policies, procedures, and training materials
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Operations
- Minimum 3-5 years of professional experience as a Salesforce.com Administrator, Salesforce Administrator Certification is a plus
- Experience implementing ongoing quality improvements for standard operating systems and processes while ensuring compliance
- Knowledge of IT governance, CRM data structure and functionality
- Experience with Salesforce AppExchange integrations such as Conga Composer, DocuSign, TaskRay, Quip, QuickBooks Online, SKUID, and/or Outlook
- Knowledge of PC and Mac operating systems, with a strong understanding of mobile technology and integrating Microsoft Office 365 applications across multiple devices and systems
- Strong professional and communications skills including the ability to facilitate trainings, prepare concise documentation, and prepare presentations for technical and non–technical audiences
- Ability to develop strong relationships with people at all career levels and in various roles, (e.g., marketing, finance, executive, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent to five years of general experience in computer science, data science, management information systems, or related field. Relevant certification is a plus
The ideal candidate will be
- A strategic, analytic thinker and problem solver
- A diplomatic communicator who is comfortable working with diverse constituencies while maintaining a high level of discretion and confidentiality
- A strong project manager with excellent organizations skills and the flexibility to manage shifting priorities in a self-directed fashion
- Comfortable taking the initiative while collaborating within a small team
- Knowledgeable about the nonprofit sector, experience working with large institutions is a plus
- Committed to reflecting broad knowledge of the Foundation’s programs, practices, policies, and procedures
- Able to maintain a healthy balance between personal and professional life
Who We Are
The Tow Foundation, established in 1988 by Leonard and Claire Tow, funds projects that offer transformative experiences to individuals and create collaborative ventures in fields where they see opportunities for breakthroughs, reform, and benefits for underserved populations. Investments focus on the support of innovative programs and system reform in the fields of juvenile and criminal justice, medicine, higher education and culture.
The Tow Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Details & How to Apply
This role reports to the Director of Operations. The salary range for this position is $75,000 – $85,000, commensurate with experience and qualifications, plus benefits.
The application deadline is July 15, 2020. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the deadline, so we highly recommend applying early.