West Project Capital Campaign
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts was founded and incorporated in 1956 to develop and manage the nation’s first performing arts complex. Since then, Lincoln Center evolved into a preeminent international performing arts presenter in its own right and a national leader in arts education and community engagement. This funding supports Lincoln Center’s West Project capital campaign to redevelop and reinvigorate the west end of Lincoln Center’s campus.
Activities under this initiative include the creation of a permanent stage and campus entrance in Damrosch Park; partnerships with neighbors to the west, such as schools, arts centers, NYCHA residents associations and BIPOC artists and architects; and year-round, public programming.